Chocolate and kids – the two terms go hand in hand. Kids without chocolate – it’s just unthinkable. But as a mom, I know very well that too much of chocolates are not good for the children as they have lots of sugar. That’s is why I have come up with the chocolaty sugar free pudding that will satisfy their chocolate craving as well as give them the chance of enjoying a delicious dessert. As this recipe is completely free of gluten and sugar, the adults and also the people having diabetes can have it.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Bittersweet chocolate – 5 ounces, cut into small pieces
- Almond milk – 18 ounces, vanilla flavored
- Erythritol – 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 2tsp
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp, unsweetened
- Corn starch – 1tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Egg – 1, large
- Egg yolks – 2
- Put a saucepan on the medium heat. Add 16 ounce of milk along with half of the erythritol. As the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining erythritol, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt. Pour the remaining milk and stir with a spoon so that a smooth paste is formed.
- In this smooth paste, tip a ¼ cup of warm milk from the saucepan and mix well. Now pour the concoction of chocolate and milk into the pan and start to stir it continuously on medium flame. Keep stirring it until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour the whole egg and also the egg yolks into the pan and stir very well so that eggs get mixed with the chocolate and milk. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Make sure that it doesn’t start to boil.
- Take the pan down from the heat and add the chocolate pieces, vanilla extract, and butter. Blend well.
- Tip this concoction in the custard cups and keep them inside the fridge so that the pudding gets set.
- The lip-smacking sugar-free healthy pudding is ready.
Easy Vanilla Pudding Without Sugar
If your kid likes the vanilla flavor, you can make this pudding. This sugar free dessert can be made very quickly and with a handful of ingredients.
- Milk – 2 ½ cups
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Corn starch – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – ¾ tsp
- Uncut Stevia – 1/8 Tsp
- Take a saucepan and pour the milk and put it on medium heat.
- Take about a ½ cup of warm milk in a cup and blend the corn starch. Now pour this mixture into the pan and stir well till boiling starts.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes and then reduce the flame. Let the milk mixture simmer for a few minutes so that it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla as well as Stevia. Mix them very well so that all the ingredients get dissolved into the milk.
- Now pour this mixture in your choice of cups or bowls and refrigerate for a few hours. You can have this sugar free dessert whenever you want.