Chocolate chips have several uses. Be it ice creams or cakes or cookie or bread – these tiny powerhouses are omnipresent. Just a handful of chocolate chips in a dish enhance its appearance as well as taste. Here also I will share a few recipes that include chocolate chips. But there is a twist. And that is I am using sugar free chocolate chips, and the recipes are sugar-free too. First I am making the Irish soda bread and second, I am preparing the oatmeal with unsweetened chocolate chips.
Sugar-Free Soda Bread From Ireland
Though this is a traditional Irish dish, I am making it with a sugar substitute, erythritol, and unsweetened chocolate chips.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
- Flour – 3 ½ cups
- Egg – 1, large
- Erythritol – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp, cold and diced
- Salt – as per taste
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1 ½ cups
- Butter -1 tbsp, melted
- Unsweetened chocolate chips – 1 ½ cups
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a skillet of 10 inches and coat it with cooking spray. Now cover the base with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the flour along with salt, baking soda, ¼ cup erythritol, and cold and diced butter. Mix then thoroughly till all the ingredients are combined nicely.
- Mix the buttermilk and the egg in the flour mixture and mix properly but refrain from over mixing. Now add the unsweetened chocolate chips.
- Put this mixture in the prepared skillet and apply the melted butter all over it. Spread the remaining erythritol all over it and insert the skillet into the oven.
- Bake it for around 50 minutes so that it becomes nicely golden. When done, take the skillet out and cool the bread before slicing it.
Oatmeal With Unsweetened Milky Chocolate Chips
Very easy to prepare and immensely tasty and healthy, a bowl of this oatmeal with cocoa and chocolate chips will make you crave for another bowl. You can easily make this recipe for your breakfast.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
- Oats – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 /2 cup
- White chocolate chips – 2 tbsp, unsweetened
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and put it on medium flame. As the milk starts to boil, add the oats and stir till they become soft and the texture becomes creamy.
- Now mix the unsweetened cocoa powder with the oats and stir well.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and keep stirring until the chocolate chips get dissolved.
- Your chocolaty oatmeal is ready. Pour in a bowl and garnish with the remaining chocolate chips and serve.
Notes: Since I am using unsweetened cocoa powder as well as unsweetened chocolate chips, I have added a few drops of liquid Stevia to add the required sweetness. You can add Stevia as required, or you can consume without Stevia as well.