Finding a proper yet easy food for the afternoon or mid-morning sometime feels very stressful. These are times when you do not want something hefty and also try to have something healthy. In such circumstances, opting for the sugar free biscuits is ideal. These biscuits are light, crunchy and have fewer calories as no sugar is used in making them. Thus today, we will learn how to make biscuits with natural ingredients.
Vegan Biscuits Made With Grated Apple And Cinnamon
This recipe is entirely vegan and appropriate for the very busy people. Make them and keep in an airtight box. Grab one or two whenever you wish to have something to munch.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
- Grated apple – 1, small
- Gluten-free flour – ½ cup
- Spelt flour – ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 Tsp
- Baking powder – ¾ tsp
- Xylitol – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Flaxseed powder – 1 tbsp
- First, preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a bowl and add the flours, baking and cinnamon powder, flaxseed powder. Mix well and add the grated apple. Stir with a spoon so that all the things get mixed thoroughly.
- Now add the coconut oil to make the dough smooth. (Here you can add the milk and the molasses if you are thinking of using them). Make sure the dough is not very sticky; otherwise, you will have a problem while rolling out.
- Now flatten the dough and using a cutter, cut the cookies out of it.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper. Place the cookies on it and insert inside the oven.
- Take the tray out after around 20 minutes. Check whether the edges are golden or not and the biscuits are firm or not. If they are firm and golden, keep the tray aside so that the biscuits can be cooled down.
- If you see that the biscuits are not firm, then bake it for another 5 minutes or so.
- Put the fresh biscuits in a container and store them for a month.
Notes: If you want to make these biscuits for kids, do add some milk if the dough is very hard. Milk is great for kids. You can also use blackstrap molasses about ¼ tsp in the mixture for extra color as well as flavor. But keep in mind that the molasses contain sugar. So think before using.
Sugar Free Oats Biscuits
Have you ever made biscuits without flour? No! So let’s try this delicious biscuit which you can make without using any flour and sugar. Thus no tension of carb and calories!! Made with coconut oil, oats, cinnamon and ginger powder, and a little bit of honey, this recipe will take just 18 minutes. Mix all the ingredients like 60 gm coconut oil, 1tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp ginger powder, 1 cup oats and 1 tbsp honey in a bowl to form a dough. Roll it and cut the cookies and bake for about 10 minutes so that the cookies become nice and crispy.