Ketchup is an integral part of our meal. Be it for lunch, dinner or breakfast or snacks in the afternoon, the bottle of ketchup always accompanies you. You are having omelet or toasts or some fries, you need ketchup. To remove the dullness of soup, you need ketchup. But have you ever counted the amount of sugar that it contains? I am sure if you know this, you will not feel like touching it again. So what’s the solution? Sugar free ketchup – it has the perfect taste and deliciousness but no sugar.
- Chopped tomatoes – 400 gm
- Allspice powder – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Onion powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- Dijon mustard powder – ¼ tsp
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, paste
- Take a wok and add the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper as required. Whisk for a few minutes.
- Now add the vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, onion and mustard powder as well as the garlic paste. Give all the ingredients a good mix and simmer it for about half an hour on low flame.
- Remove the wok from the heat once the ketchup becomes smooth and thick. This is perfect for storing in an airtight bottle for about a fortnight.
Advantages That You Get From Sugar-Free Ketchup
Lowers The Chance Of Prostate Cancer In Men
Tomato ketchup can help in reducing the peril of cancer in men, especially prostate cancer. Tomatoes have lycopene which is known to lessen this risk. You can have ketchup at least 3 times in a week to reduce your risk.
Lowers The Bad Cholesterol
Tomato ketchup can reduce bad cholesterol content to a great extent.
Enhances The Sperm Count
The lycopene present in tomatoes not only brings the red color to them but also good for boosting the sperm count in the males. Besides that, it helps the men to increase their speed of swimming as well as reduces the abnormal sperm.
Why Should You Stay Away From Sugary Ketchup
Use Of High Fructose Corn Syrup
The readymade ketchup that are available in the market contains high fructose corn syrup in high amount which is extremely harmful for health. Corn syrup, made from the modified corns, can increase the level of sugar in the blood and also affect the liver with time. It can also lead to obesity and weak immunity, heart diseases.
The sugary ketchup has no minerals and no vitamins. There is neither any fiber nor any proteins. On top of that, it has lots of sugar as well as sodium which are completely unsafe for our health.
Presence Of Distilled Vinegar
There is hale and heaven difference between the vinegar that we use in salads and the distilled one. This distilled vinegar is prepared from GMO corn after treating them with lots of pesticides and chemicals.
So, now you know why the ketchup obtainable in the market is not good for health. make the ketchup in your home following the recipe and enjoy a healthy and tasty accessory.