We all have a sweet tooth – more or less. After dinner, the majority of the people look for something sweet, even if it is a small bite. But the sugar content of them makes them harmful for us. That is the main reason that doctors ask to stay from sweets as much as possible. Does that mean you have to remain unsatisfied? No! The sugar free sweets will serve as the perfect alternatives of the regular ones, and they are also not unhealthy.
Kheer Made Of Custard Apple
If you are looking for a dessert that will give you the utmost comfort, then try this kheer. Made with coconut milk, custard apple, cardamom powder and nuts, this creamy and smooth sweet dish will mesmerize you.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
- Jaggery – 100 gm
- Custard apples – 5, large
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
- Roasted green gram – 1 cup, broken
- Water – 4 cups
- Pistachio – a handful, thinly sliced
- Almonds – a handful, thinly sliced
- First, peel the custard apples and keep the pulp in a bowl removing the seeds.
- Take a pressure cooker and pour water in it. Now add the green grams and cook it till the grams become soft.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat and put in the jaggery. As the jaggery melts, mix the cardamom powder. Now add the cooked green gram along with the custard apple pulp in the melted jaggery and stir very well.
- Pour the coconut milk and give it a mix and keep stirring till boiling starts.
- After putting off the heat, tip the kheer in a bowl. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for a few hours so that it becomes chilled.
- When done, take the bowl out and sprinkle the sliced almond and pistachios on it and serve.
Ladoo Made With Finger Millet, Jaggery And Coconut
Another sugar-free sweet that will melt in your mouth is this Ragi (Finger millet) ladoo. It contains a high amount of proteins and minerals.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Ragi (Millet flour)– 1 cup
- Salt – just a pinch
- Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
- Water – as required
- Take a big bowl and add the millet flour along with the salt. Now pour water as required and keep mixing the flour. Now mix the grated coconut.
- Put the coconut and Ragi mixture in a steamer and let it cook on steam for about 10 minutes.
- When done, take the mixture out from the steamer and put it in a flat plate. As the warmth of the mixture decreases, mix the jaggery as well as the roasted nuts with it. Give everything a good mix. Then start making small balls out of the mixture.
- Your Ragi ladoo is all set. The good thing about this ladoo is you can store in an air-tight container for almost a month and keep it in the refrigerator. Not only that, you can carry these ladoos everywhere.