Traditional jello has tons of sugar, which makes it totally unhealthy for us. So, what will you do if you need to use jello in any of your desserts? Many people, particularly the kids, have jello if they crave for something sweet. But having these sugary items in excess or daily is not good. Hence, I tried making the jello without using any sugar. And to my surprise, I have succeeded. If no one tells you, you will not understand that this is sugar-free jello. Thus, I am sharing the recipes of jello made with lemon jet and juice and another with raspberry.
Lemony Sugar Free Jello
This jello is very easy to make, and you can prepare this delicious and healthy jello with some simple ingredients.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Chilling time – 2 hours
Serving – 8
- Granulated gelatin – 3 tbsp
- Coldwater – 3 cups
- Stevia extract – 3/8 tsp
- Hot water – 1 ½ cups
- Xylitol – ¾ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 1/8 cups
- Lemon zest – ½ tsp
- Soak the gelatin in 11/2 cup of cold water so that it becomes soft. Once the gelatin is soft, add the hot water and stir so that it gets completely dissolved.
- Now mix the Stevia extract, xylitol, and lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Take 2 baking pans of 8*8 inches and pour the gelatin mixture in them. Keep in the fridge until they become set. You can store it by putting in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Low Carb Raspberry And Lemonade Sugar Free Jello
When you are in search of a sweet dish that has a low carb and zero sugar, make this Paleo jello. Prepared with only four ingredients, this jello is incredibly tasty.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Water – 3 cups
- Unsweetened lemonade – 3 cups
- Beef gelatin – ½ cup
- Raspberry tea bags – 2
- Pour the water in a large bowl and put it on medium flame. When the water starts to boil, put in the raspberry tea bags. Take the tea bags out after around 10 minutes.
- Now in this raspberry flavored water, mix the lemonade and give it a stir. Add the beef gelatin and stir again but very gently. You need to stir the lemonade and gelatin mixture till the gelatin thoroughly mixes with the lemonade. But do not do it rapidly.
- Pour this mixture into a baking dish (preferably glass dish) and keep this dish inside the refrigerator for at least 3 hours so that the raspberry-flavored lemonade jello set properly.
- Cut it into cubes and have a bite and feel the kick of the flavors in your mouth. These jello cubes are particularly favorite of the kids.
Notes: While buying the lemonade, make sure that it is unsweetened and natural. You will find lots of zero-sugar lemonade in the market. Grass-fed beef gelatin is better for this recipe as it helps in digestion and has lots of proteins and collagen.